Project Lead |
Munich, 2016 - 2018 |
With the nationwide planned conversion of the TMC standard to TPEG, it was necessary in the course of sustainability for the BR to replace its existing one with a TPEG-enabled traffic information system.
The BR commissioned sommer + spohr to support the entire project from tendering to production. Among our most important tasks were:
- Analysis of requirements incl. compilation of the specifications and assessment matrices
- Moderation of the negotiations with the manufacturers
- Project management and leadership of the internal project group as well as the selected manufacturer
- Data protection needs analysis and creating security concept
- Support negotiations with all stakeholders and creation of a comprehensive support concept
The BR now has an open and web-based solution that optimally supports the functional workflows of the traffic editors. In addition, an important operational requirement was met - the externalization of the operation. Thus, the BR has the first mission-critical and externally operated application in the ARD.